Sunday, August 29, 2010

Golden Beer Bread

This is one of the best bread recipes I have ever made.  
It was nutty, sweet, and chewy.  Perfect for a jam and cheese sandwich.  
I got it from a healthy living blog I read, click here to check it out.

Here is the recipe:
  • 3 cups bread flour
  • 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
  • 2 tbsp wheat gluten
  • 1 12 oz beer at room temperature (I used Budweiser because that is what I had.  Use your favorite beer to get the flavor you want.)
  • 1 tsp kosher salt
  • 1/2 tsp rapid rise yeast
  • 2 Tbsp honey
  • 1/2 cup toasted wheat germ
  • 1/4 cup chia seeds (optional)
  1. If your beer is not at room temp, pour it into a microwave safe dish and microwave for 45 seconds.
  2. Toast the wheat germ by tossing it in a skillet over medium high heat for about 1.5 minutes
  3. Combine all of your dry ingredients and whisk together.
  4. Add the honey and beer.  Mix for 3 minutes on level one speed, then another 3 minutes on level two speed.  Then knead the dough for another two minutes.  ( I mixed with my hand held beater with dough hooks for about two minutes, and then I kneaded the dough another two minutes.)  Here is the link to the actual recipe, READ IT.  He shared a great kneading technique for this bread.
  5. Shape dough into a ball.  In a warm spot cover and rise for two hours.  Fold over over after the first hour.
  6. Then shape into a loaf and placed in a greased loaf pan.  Rise again for another hour.
  7. Preheat the oven to 430 degrees at the 30 minute mark during your rise.
  8. Slash the top of your dough;
  9. Throw 1 oz of water into the oven to make some stream.
  10. Bake for about 30 minutes.
I LOVED this bread, and was very simple.  I should have baked it a little longer maybe 35 minutes in my oven.  Use your best judgement.  
Here is a fresh slice covered in butter.

 I couldn't resist...
Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP