Monday, August 2, 2010

Their Favorite

I have been writing a lot about food on here lately, sorry!!  Like I have said before I feel like so much of my life revolves around food.  So, with that being said, here is another food post :).  I thought I would share my kids favorite lunch that we eat two to three times a week.  It all started when Sonya watched Kung Fu Panda, and Po was eating dumplings.  I decided to make her some dumplings like Po, and at the time it was a perfect food for Teddy to learn how to pick up and eat.
Here are the "dumpwheens," that is how Soso pronounces it.

Heat up a non-stick skillet, and then drizzle it with a little olive oil.

Brown the potstickers for about five minutes, until it looks like this.

Then add liquid, cover, and simmer another five to eight minutes until cooked.  
The package says water, but I always add a more flavorful liquid.  Today I added chicken stock and red wine.


One thing I always have in my house in frozen peas.  This is something my kids eat probably four to five days a week, and they eat them frozen.  Such an easy vegetable to throw on the side of any lunch.

My kids are blueberry addicts.  I buy them at least once a week, and they always get devoured.
Here is the final plate.

Let the eating begin.


Here is what is left on Sonya's plate.

Very simple, tasty, and nutritious lunch.
Enjoy!!

0 comments:

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP