Monday, August 23, 2010

The Waterslide

The other day when we were playing in the backyard with the hose, and I had a genius idea to make this
   
 A water slide out of our play set.  At first Sonya was scared to go down the slide because she knew it would be really fast.  
Teddy, of course hated it and wanted nothing to do with the slide.
Here he is yelling, "WHUZZAATT?!"  about the train going by, and grabbing his belly button, the favorite part of his body.
Sonya warmed up to the whole water slide idea by climbing onto the slide and jumping off the end into the pool. 
  
Sonya finally started going down the slide and loved it.  She would count herself down and then push off down the slide.


I think Teddy looks AMAZING in this photo, and notice the touching of the belly button.  
Pure perfection.
We played for a while in the morning, took a little break, had a swimsuit change, and came back out after lunch.  There was no fear this time around. 
 Sonya was an old pro.




We have a little inch deep baby pool that Sonya and I made into a boat she could ride down the slide.  I love her face going down the slide.  
Pure three year old JOY!!




I was so proud of my creation.  Josh was impressed with what I made, and my use of the bungee cord to rig the hose.  It seemed like such a "dad" thing to build, but I did it all by myself.  Sometimes as a mom I a afraid my kids won't think I am fun, just that daddy is fun.  I know this isn't true, but I am so easily distracted through out the day with worrying about what Sonya and Teddy are eating, are the rested, do they need a bath, do they have clean clothes, I am reading to them enough, the list goes on.  Just meeting all of the basic needs is exhausting, but Sunday I made a point to be a fun mom, and I was.

2 comments:

Sara D. August 23, 2010 at 1:01 PM  

That looks AMAZING!!!!!!! Great job, I always struggle with inspiring outdoor fun! Oh, and the pictures look incredible, too.

gretchen August 23, 2010 at 1:34 PM  

know what else is great about the teddy pics? those curled toes, like he'll fall over if he doesn't grip the earth with his toes. also, his aunt's toes curl and grip like that too.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP