Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sunday Morning Paint

This past Sunday morning was one of the nicest mornings in the Lou we have had in a long time.  It wasn't blazing hot, and there was a nice breeze.  Josh had to head into the office to get ready for a business trip, so I decided to take the kids outside get them nene and paint.  I have this huge sheet of thick white paper rolled up in the and stashed behind the book case all summer.  I was waiting for just the right moment to use it, you know when my kids were going to make some amazing mural that would be featured on Design Mom.  Just kidding!  So I rolled out the paper and I mixed up some chalk paint, equal parts water and cornstarch with some food coloring, and let the kids have at it.  
I tried to get photo of the paint because it was so pretty, but Teddy got to it first.

Sonya also loved the paint, but she was not far behind her brother in her treatment of the paint.


After they dumped out all of the paint, mind you this was about five minutes into our activity, I went and got some old chalk and threw it into a cup of water to make it more paint like.  Sonya drew an S with it, a pretty good one too.

Teddy ate the chalk.  He was pretty good at that, too.
Here is Sonya doing her best William Wallace.


Right after this photo, Sonya took a nice dump right there in the backyard.  She warned me, but I wanted a picture of that blue face. 
Such a lovely young lady.  
Teddy had the most perfect pink paint splatter on his forehead.  
Man, I love that little face!!

When we were all done I threw the kids into the bath, and the food coloring was not coming off.  So I googled how to get food coloring off skin.  It said to use shaving cream and rinse with cold water.  I happen to have some in the house, so I lathered the kids up and it really did work.  
Consider that your tip of the day.  
Naked painting and shaving cream all in one morning the kids were in heaven.  
Happy Sunday!!

1 comments:

Kalie Adams August 16, 2010 at 4:01 PM  

Of course Teddy would eat it! Haha.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP