Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Christmas in August

This is the time of year that I start to think about what our family Christmas card will look like.  Crazy, I know.  I try and get inspiration from a passage of scripture or a Christmas song.  Then I think about how I want to capture the kids to reflect the the theme, or the opposite will happen I will find a photo that will give me the theme.  This is all truly ludicrous.  Our family Christmas cards are not works of art or super fancy, but I love them.  Honestly, half the reason I send Christmas cards is because I love getting them .  

My favorite cards have certain criteria:
  • I LOVE photo cards.  Especially when you can see everyone's faces.
  • I like when everyone's name is listed on the card, not just "The Lang Family."  I am kind of a name freak, but that is an entirely separate post.  Let's just say I have help name 5 babies in the past two years, not including my own.
  • I like flat one sided cards because I tape them on the door and I like see the whole card and who it is from.
Here are our cards from the past three years.  
Like I said, nothing fancy just sweet.
2007

2008

2009

If you would like to receive a card from us, I will gladly send you one.  
Just let me know.  
If you want to send ME one, I would love that too.
I am also taking theme suggestions.
Merry Christmas!!

5 comments:

carly730 August 10, 2010 at 6:47 PM  

I will add you guys to my Christmas card list because I LOVE getting yours.:) I hope to have a good picture one this year with Brendon, Barkly and I!

amyhaus August 10, 2010 at 6:55 PM  

Yay Christmas...a few comments...
1. I was planning our Christmas cookie decorating party the other day. Can't wait. I'm ready.
2. I helped name Teddy aka Theo as Eric would call him. :)
3. I want a card. Mine are going out extra early this year since we moved AGAIN and I didn't send out change of addresses.

Adriane August 11, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

I want one! I agree with all of your card criteria - LOVE getting them and sending them!! Yea for Christmas!!

rachel @ perfectly imperfect August 11, 2010 at 8:36 AM  

i started thinking of our cards the other day, too! i didn't make any last year because it was such a crap year & i didn't have the energy to make it happen. but i think i stored up all my christmas energy & am funneling it into 2010! i even bought some christmas presents on monday- that's pretty crazy for me.
have fun designing your cards- we'll be sure to send you one this year, provided i actually get them done!
: )

Maureen August 25, 2010 at 9:00 PM  

Sign me up too! It is definitely a highlight of the season. Last year I didn't get ours out but I am determined this year.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP