Tuesday, April 6, 2010

What we do

I thought I would show some of the things we do at home for fun on a typical day.
Sonya created this game called the "storm."  The "storm" is basically a bunch of our blankets and pillows thrown on the floor in a pile then she and Teddy roll around in them.  They especially love the "storm" fresh out of the dryer. 



Sonya has been working her puzzles like a mad woman.  We only had two jigsaw puzzles, so a perfect gift for her Easter basket was... a new puzzle.  This was not any puzzle, it was a princess puzzle with all of the girls.
Yes, that is a swimsuit she is wearing with her belly peaking out.

  She was able to put together the entire 24 piece puzzle all by herself by the end of the day today, after receiving it yesterday.  I am so proud of my smart girl.

While Sonya C. worked her puzzle, I think Teddy played with a Pringles can for about 15 minutes.  He never got it open.
I don't know if that is good or bad.

We are so lucky to have a great backyard and deck at our house.  Sonya goes in and out all day long.  She is able to ride her bike all around the deck.  I am amazed at how fast she has gotten, since last year.

Sonya has another game, a weird game, she plays every time she goes onto the deck.  She picks up Rooney and Tilley's water bowl, dumps it out, and throws it off the deck.  I can't tell you how many times a day I hear the metal drum sound bouncing down the wooden stairs.  Needless to say, my dogs are thirsty, a lot.

One of the other highlights of our backyard is our swing set.  One of my favorite stories about Sonya has to do with our swing set.  It was right after Teddy was born, so she had just turned two.  I had just fed Teddy and I went to look for Sonya, and then I saw her.  She was sitting at the picnic table on the bottom of the swing set eating a carton of ice cream, she had gotten out of the freezer by herself, with an oversized spoon.  That image is burned in my brain, ridiculously cute. 

Sonya LOVES playing out here, and I know Teddy will, too.    
They love to swing together in the baby swing.


Sonya has learned how to swing on the red disc.  She looks like such a grown girl.


The perfect end to our day is when Josh comes home.  Both of my kids loose their minds when daddy walks in the door.  Laughing, screaming, running, army crawling to see who can get to him first.  They are lucky to have such a great daddy!!


 This was just a sampling, be on the look out for some more ludicrous things we do around the house.

4 comments:

Cary April 6, 2010 at 10:15 AM  

So cute...I was just thinking yesterday that it would be more accurate to take photos of normal stuff we do, instead of just the exceptional cute things, etc.
Sonya does look like such a grown girl, and Teddy...forget about it!

missy April 6, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

Cary- I think Winnie and Rush would love the "storm."

Greta April 6, 2010 at 12:52 PM  

Please don't let Sonya teach my kids about the storm! Your kids are stunning by the way.....

Anonymous April 8, 2010 at 7:55 PM  

I just love me some Josh. He is sooo faithful! Always committed to his after hours uniform!
So good to capture these days...simple swingsets and blankets make up the glory of motherhood and childhood! Terri

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP