Friday, April 2, 2010

Victory

I made asparagus with dinner last night and Sonya ate it like it was candy.
She kept stealing it off my plate.  I think she ate seven or eight spears.


All I did was place the asparagus in tin foil, drizzle them with a little olive oil, sprinkle on some minced garlic, a dash of Nature's Seasoning, and then wrapped them up and thew them on the grill for a couple of minutes.  The asparagus didn't seem quite done when I pulled them off the grill, so I put them in the toaster oven for a few more minutes.

Sonya actually scarfed down her entire dinner last night of BBQ chicken breast, roasted asparagus, sauteed bell peppers and onions, and pears.  Granted we spent almost two hours at the park yesterday afternoon, which can really work up an appetite.  I am not one who thinks you need to clear your plate, but I love when I see her eat a variety of foods and really enjoy them.
I can't really complain about Sonya's eating habits.  We could do better, we could do worse, but for the most part I am pleased with her diet.  I must admit, I am always ecstatic when she likes a new food, especially a vegetable.  
Watch, I bet the next time I make asparagus, she will hate it.
I will keep you posted.

1 comments:

rachel @ perfectly imperfect April 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM  

that's awesome... my kids have never actually swallowed asparagus. tasted & chewed, yes. no actual digestion or absorption of asparagus nutrients occurred.
julia did the same thing with broccoli the other night- ate almost an entire head of steamed broc with NO seasoning for dinner (nothing else). the next night she wouldn't touch it. but the dog ate what she threw on the floor...

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP