Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Birthday Bonanza

This is the first year we have made a big deal out of Sonya's birthday.  I hate to admit it, but we didn't  give her cake on her first birthday.  I don't remember if we even got her a present.  When she turned two Teddy was a little over two weeks old, so a party seemed a little crazy at the time.  Again, I don't think she got a gift from Josh and I.  Wait I lied, we did get her (and Teddy) a swing set, and we did do a group birthday with all of the cousins in our family a month after her birthday, but this is the first year we made it all about her.  We taught her the actual date of her birthday and how old she was going to be so when you ask her how old she was going to be on her birthday her response was,"April 28 3!!"  She also learned Teddy's birthday since they are so close.  Josh and I thought about the gifts we wanted to give her this year.  We didn't want to go to crazy, but get her a few things she would love.  These are the gifts we decided on...

     

When we told her she was getting presents she of course requested blue presents.  
Here you go blue presents.


Josh took the day off work so we could go to the Zoo and go to one of Sonya's favorite lunch spots, Woofies for a hot dog.  Plans got a little derailed because big baby Tedward was up from 1:30am-4:30am the night before Sonya's birthday.  The poor guy had had a fever for the past two days and then when he did not sleep, I was pretty sure he had an ear infection.  So Teddy and I headed to the doctor's office and I was right, double ear infection.  Side note:  LOVE LOVE LOVE my pediatrician, if you ever are in the market for a doc for your kids she is awesome.  So like any good mother after his diagnosis we headed not straight home, but to the zoo.  He got way more rest in his stroller than he would have with the tornado that is Sonya swirling around him at home.  Let me tell you, he was such a good boy!!  No crying and no fussing, just chillin'.


  We go to the zoo we started at Historic Hill, then made our way to Big Cat Country, from there Sonya and daddy rode the carousel.  Luckily Sonya was first in line and got first pick on the carousel, and she headed for her favorite animal the giraffe.  She does not care that it doesn't go up and down like the other animals, she loves it!!



After the carousel, Josh and I decided last minute to take Sonya to Build-A-Bear.  She was a little confused about the process because we did not talk about it ahead of time, but she got the hang of it.  What animal did she pick out, a giraffe of course.  She filled her giraffe with stuffing and then followed the routine of how to put her giraffe's heart in.
Rub it on your elbow.

Hold the heart up to your ear so you can always hear your baby giraffe.


 Give the giraffe's heart a kiss and tell the heart you love it.


Then she gave her a bath and a brush.

Sonya picked out a pink Cardinals outfit for her giraffe.  
Let me introduce you to
Sonya G.
Sonya named her Sonya and Josh added the G.


After Build-A-Bear we ate a quick lunch, then headed home, and my birthday girl was tuckered out.  She totally passed out in the car.


We came home and popped in High School Musical.  Sonya wasn't that into it, but it takes her a few times of watching a movie for her to like it.  Instead,  Sonya decided to put Sonya G. down for a nap, then push her in the baby swing   We had some dinner, and the menu for the evening:
grilled chicken breasts marinated in raspberry chipotle sauce
beer brats
corn on the cob
roasted cauliflower
The birthday dessert for evening...
a cupcake from Jilly's.


Sonya is not a messy eater, never has been, my sister Gretchen thinks this is one her greatest qualities,  but tonight she became what she called the "Pink Monster."







My girl had a great day!!  I will admit it, we spoiled her rotten.  Like I said before this was the first birthday we have ever made a big deal about.  We also explained to her that this was a special day, and we don't get to do this all of the time.  Today she showed us what a grown girl she has become.  There were no tantrums if things didn't go her way, she was very thankful for all of her gifts, and actually listened for a change.  Tomorrow probably will be a different story, but today I was one proud mama.  I could not ask God for a better little girl, she is everything you could ever want in a daughter.
We love you Sonya C.!!  

2 comments:

Jessica (jessicatk@tds.net) May 11, 2010 at 1:03 PM  

how did I make my way to your lovely blog? ohhhh, i know. Design Mom and the photos (amazing photos) of the birth of your son. I must tell you that I, too, had a VBAC with my second child and felt wonderfully empowered by the experience. I am so very happy for you that you had a similar experience. All that said, where did you find the perfectly perfect headband your lovely little girl is wearing?

missy May 12, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

Thanks for your comment!! My good friend sells her these headbands on her Etsy shop. Here is the link

http://www.etsy.com/shop/gremadcha

Thanks for reading!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP