Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ummm Good

This past week I was scheduled to bring an item for a potluck style brunch for my summer moms bible study.  I was trying to think a little bit outside the box on what to bring instead a boring breakfast item.  Two weeks ago a Great Harvest Bakery opened in Kirkwood, and I think I have already been there three times.  My absolute favorite bread from there is the cinnamon chip bread, it is to die for.  
I thought about what would taste good on the bread, and this what I came up with.
I sliced the cinnamon chip bread as thin as I could, then buttered it on both sides, and then grilled it on a flat griddle.
What would be better on grilled cinnamon chip bread, than pork tenderloin.
The day of the brunch, when I got up first thing in the morning and prepared a brine  (two quarts of water and 1/2 a cup of kosher salt) for the pork.  
I did a quick brine, only one hour.   
I rinsed the meat off, and then seasoned it.  
I made up a rub with smoky chipotle seasoning and then added brown sugar and raw sugar to get a nice caramelization on the crust.
Then I cut the sliced bread into thirds, and made little sandwiches.
Let me introduce you to what I like to call the
french toast slider.
I think this little sandwich was down right delicious.  
I will say this sandwich could have probably used a sauce or a chutney of some sort, but there was no time for that.  
This dish also makes me think of my sisters, it is true Orwig food at its finest.  
This is a super simple fun food to take to party and look fancy. 
Enjoy.

    

4 comments:

Adriane June 2, 2011 at 7:25 AM  

this sandwich was delicious! i was telling tim about it when I got home and he was drooling!

rachel @ perfectly imperfect June 2, 2011 at 8:49 AM  

food genius! love it!

gretchen June 2, 2011 at 7:31 PM  

pork is practically non-existent here. i need to start searching. and there is NO sausage...so sad. that sandwich looks perfect, i love the texture of the meat andf bread, so i wouldn't want a chutney, i want to add apple butter.

Ashley C. Teer June 7, 2011 at 12:41 AM  

you're incredible. hands down.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP