Thursday, May 19, 2011

Tape Paint

A few weeks ago the kids and I needed a project to do.  I had picked up a few canvases and some acrylic paints at Hobby Lobby (those are words I never thought I would say).  I pulled them out and started to brainstorm.   I got the blue painters tape out to make a pattern on the canvas.  I am sure I had seen this idea some where among all of my blog reading, but I have no idea where.  I tried to explain to Sonya how to make a pattern, she made a pattern in school so I thought we could build on what she had already learned.  She didn't care to listen to me.  Then I tried to encourage her to make some letters, again my words fell deaf on her ears.  
Finally I let her create whatever she wanted.
Here is what we did
I tore up strips of blue painters tape and let Sonya place them on the canvas...however she wanted.
  Then she painted over the strips of tape.
Once we were done, I let it set for just a little bit then tore the tape off the painting.
A fun and easy project that has endless possibilities.
As always, here is the mess...
And here is what Big Baby T did while we painted the canvas....
He painted himself.

4 comments:

Adriane May 19, 2011 at 5:50 PM  

I love how brave you are with letting your kids make messes - I'm not that brave :)

Cuatro-Mom May 19, 2011 at 9:19 PM  

Yes I love it!! Esp the self paint job... def looks like my house..... so so so fun!! And of course I hate cleaning up the mess, but it's moments like this our kids will remember forever:) But cleaning up is still a pain in the #$$:)

gretchen May 19, 2011 at 9:33 PM  

you can do different layers of tape too. so put down the first set, paint all over. put down another set of tape, paint some more, another and another. should come out pretty cool. also, you could put down the first layer of tape, make an s, and make another one with a t, then do the process, when it's all over, you can have paintings by them with a t and an s.

Ashley C. Teer May 21, 2011 at 10:13 PM  

this is absolute perfection. love it. you are creative and daring and gutsy. love it. gotta try it! thank you girl!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP