Sunday, May 29, 2011

Last Day of School

I can't believe the school year is over.  I feel like I took Sonya to her first day of 3K yesterday.  Hands down she had an amazing year.  Mrs. H and Mrs. M loved my girl like she was their own.   Sonya's character, imagination, literacy skills, have grown by leaps and bounds over this past year.  As much as we are excited for JK next year, my heart is a little broken that this time is over.  3K just has such a special, almost sacred, feel to it.  I know the Lord was planting seeds in the kids hearts over the school year, that will bloom when the time is right, and ways we don't even know how.  
Our entire family was blessed by this year.
Here is my girl on her last day.
Sonya wrote notes to her teachers.
To Mrs H she wrote, "I love the 3K friends."
To Mrs. M she drew her whole family as snowmen.
It was adorable
         We also gave gifts to Sonya's teachers.  I know I should have given them giftcards but I wanted to given them something from my heart.  I love to bake and cook for people, so I made them each a loaf of this bread with three little jars of olive oil, parmesan cheese, and kosher salt.  I attached a noted that said, "Thank you for teaching Sonya she does live by bread alone."  Her teachers really did love their gifts, I am sure they would have  loved a giftcard more, but oh well.
Sonya decorated the bags with the other gift we gave her teachers.
It was really a gift for the next years 3K class.  
Sonya and Teddy love these dot paint/markers, so I thought they would be the perfect thing to give to the classroom.
 Teddy decorated this bag.
Well, I made the three, Sonya made the K, and TR did the rest.
I also made the secretary at school a box of cookies.  She is a dear friend of mine from back when I  was involved with Young Life, and I loved reconnecting with her this past year.  It was so nice to have familiar face at a new school, and know we would be taken care of.  
I made her salted chocolate chip cookies and put them in a super cute box.
She loved them!!
All in all it was a great year.  
 We made awesome new friends, connected with old friends, and we knew we were in the exact spot the Lord wanted us to be in.  
I can't wait for Teddy to be in 3K.
  

4 comments:

Greta May 30, 2011 at 9:45 AM  

Hands down awesomest teacher gifts ever. I love how thoughtful you are and that you give gifts that are meaningful and special. So happy that you found the best school for your family! Since we drop off the littles we love more than life itself you have to LOVE where they are going and truly know it's the best possible place for them.

rachel @ perfectly imperfect May 30, 2011 at 3:31 PM  

that's a wonderful teacher's gift! beautiful, edible, sweet & from the heart- not apple shaped crap that they want to throw away! : )

The DeVries' May 30, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

YUM! I hear ya about gift cards...but as a former teacher (at CCS!) I can tell you I would have LOVED those gifts more!! Seriously, I know your bread is amazing and those jars can be displayed and re-used! PLUS we had to buy a lot of our own materials, so what a great idea to buy for the next year! U r so creative! And wow. Sonya. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L.

gretchen May 30, 2011 at 10:28 PM  

I think those gifts were awesome too. I think gift certificates are dumb...that and candles--so impersonal. There is some comedian that talks about how gift certificates are the worst gift because all they really are is an errand..."oh thanks for the gift certificate, now i have to take the time to go buy something with it, thanks for the errand." Your gift is much better.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP