Friday, May 20, 2011

The Boy and I

  Sonya goes to school three days a week, so it is just Teddy and I on M-W-F.  Normally I just drag in him on errands to the grocery store, Target, etc.  I have felt really bad about not spending intentional time with him.  Teddy can be a tough cookie.  I feel like I am still figuring him out, and how to really meet his needs.  One thing I have figured out about my boy is that he wants, or should I say needs to RUN on a regular basis.  We have finally had a few nice days in the Lou, so Teddy and I headed to Powder Valley.   I thought about just doing the short trail with him, but then I thought what the heck I am going to see if he can walk the entire long loop, 1 and 1/5 mile.  
He did not disappoint. 
He loved running over the bridges and looking at the "wawa."
Here is the view from the bridge.
We stopped and I let him throw rocks into creek.  
We walked over to an especially jagged rock, and he needed my help to climb on.
"Mama, pease hans."
Yes folks, my two year old wears a size nine shoe.
He also has banana hands.
After the creek, Teddy kept trucking along.  We I talked about how God created the birds, leaves, trees, rocks and we have to take care of what God gave us.  He kept wanting to "push" the trees, but I told him we have to give the trees a "nice touch," and love what God made.  
After I explained that, he started kissing the trees.  
We had a wonderful morning together.  
What he needs from me is, is just me.  
He likes to have my undivided attention, which I don't like to always give him, but when I do he is in heaven. 
I love him, and I love how the Lord is teaching me through him.  
Teddy likes face to face time with me, exactly what the Lord wants from me, too.  
Thank you Jesus for showing me what my son needs and what I need.    

4 comments:

Ashley C. Teer May 20, 2011 at 9:39 AM  

this made my day, mis...and you managed to melt my heart. love you. so much. love to watch you love on them kiddos...let's do that trail and let our boys runs together sometime, k? isn't God so so good?!

Cary May 20, 2011 at 9:39 AM  

He is so handome! What a sweet morning for y'all.
Throwing rocks in water is Rush's favorite thing to do, I think.

Greta May 20, 2011 at 1:18 PM  

Next year I will have two mornings a week with just Charlie. I can't wait!

terri May 20, 2011 at 10:13 PM  

Treasure! Love that you have story and pictures. I love that when your heart is so full, the only place you go is to give it back to God. what a mirror God is giving you in that little man...

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP