Thursday, April 21, 2011

Granola

I have a really hard time with breakfast.  
I don't love cereal, I don't eat eggs, I don't like oatmeal, etc.  
I like bacon, sausage, bagels with butter, pancakes, french toast, and my favorite drink in the morning is a Coke.  
I know those are not the best choices and would not help my already round figure.  
With all that being said, I do like granola, which is a decent choice for the morning.  I have been on a quest to find the perfect granola recipe, and I have gone through two or three recipes that have been OK.  I found a recipe for no-bake granola bars, but they were a tad sweet when eaten on their own.  
So one day I decided to crumble up the bars and pour milk over them.  
Jackpot!!  
It was the exact texture I had been searching for, soft with all the tasty granola clumps.  
I changed the recipe, just a tad.
Click here is the original recipe.
  • 4 cups of old fashioned oats
  • 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
  • 2 Tbsp chia seeds (You could use wheat germ or ground flaxseed as an alternative.)
  • 3/4 cup SunButter, warmed (Again, you could use peanut butter, almond butter, whatever you like.)
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
  1. In a large bowl combine oats, salt, chia seeds, and chocolate chips.
  2. Next add honey and mix.
  3. Then add warmed SunButter and mix until well combined.
  4. Press into a 9x13 greased pan and stick them into the refrigerator for at least an hour.
  5. When it has all come together, I move it to a smaller bowl and crumble it up.  
It is really delicious and filling breakfast.
Enjoy.

4 comments:

Katy April 21, 2011 at 10:33 PM  

I'm totally trying this tomorrow! Thanks for posting the recipe!

carly730 April 22, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

This looks wonderful. I am not a breakfast fan myself and I also have texture issues. I will try it for sure!

Ashley C. Teer April 26, 2011 at 4:13 PM  

looks unreal...and a no-bake granola...gonna go try it!

Ashley C. Teer May 18, 2011 at 10:14 PM  

made this for a group of mums and kiddies...into granola bars. every. piece. eaten. thank you my dear!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP