Monday, April 11, 2011

The Cut

Every morning when I have to brush Sonya's hair it is a battle.  I don't like to let her wear her hair down because I hate when it hangs in her face, drags in her food, and it makes it easier for Teddy to pull.  She screams and cries almost everyday when putting in one of her three hair style choices; pony tail (popo), pig tails, or a unicorn (single pony tail on top of her head).  Everyday I would ask her if she wanted to have long princess hair, and if she did I explained that we must take care of it, ie wash it, brush, etc.  I also asked her if she would like to have short hair like her friends Campbell, Capi, and Lizzie.  Everyday the answer was always long princess hair, until last week when she answered, 
"I want to cut it."   
What the what?!?
I will admit, I panicked a little bit.  She really wanted to cut it off, I never thought she would do it.  
Not that I don't like short hair on little girls, I do, but she has always had this beautiful wavy hair.  
I was acting like one of those girl's on Top Model about my daughter's hair.  
Ridiculous!!
So I called my sister in law Erin, our family hair stylist, and let her know what Sonya wanted.  She was so excited to give Sonya the "big" cut.  Josh and I discussed the haircut before hand so we would be on the same page.  He told me that he wanted to go with a super short pixie cut.  I was a little nervous to cut her too short.  I did not want her to hate her hair and think she looked like a boy.  I had a short haircut that I hated as kid, sorry mom, and I did not want that for Sonya.  Josh and I looked on the internet and consulted with Erin, and decided on a cut.
Here is what we agreed on.
Here is the before:
   The first cut:
Cutting:
The funny face:
The finished look:
Can you stand the cuteness??
I am still in shock with how old she looks, but I love it.  More importantly so does Sonya.  
She was so excited to show her friends at school, and kept talking about how she looked like Campbell and Snow White.  
Thanks Erin for doing such a great job, and being so patient with my girl.


7 comments:

rachel @ perfectly imperfect April 11, 2011 at 4:12 PM  

missy, she's so beautiful! the haircut is just perfect. i am trying desperately to talk caroline into a short haircut because we have battles constantly over washing & brushing it.... i'll have to get her to read your blog!

Cary April 11, 2011 at 4:41 PM  

If you think you're crazy, I've been hitting refresh on your blog since we got off the phone, just waiting for you to post these photos!
I love it. Tell Sonya that I love short hair and think she looks SO beautiful. I think she's inspired me to take a big plunge soon, too.
love love love.

Greta April 11, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. You know I'm all about little girls with ADORABLE haircuts. Good call mama.

carly730 April 11, 2011 at 7:38 PM  

She looks darling and so grown up! The back is super cute and are the curls ALL gone???

Katy April 11, 2011 at 10:33 PM  

Awe she looks so grown up!!!!!

Ashley C. Teer April 12, 2011 at 4:45 PM  

absolutely LOVE it. way better on her than gwyneth, for sure...

judahmom April 13, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

So cute!!!!! Yes, way better than Gwyneth's!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP