Monday, March 14, 2011

Imagination

Sonya's imagination has exploded recently.  Over Christmas Sonya received a karioke machine.  We bought her a few CDs for her to sing along and listen to, one of them being a compilation of Disney Princess songs.  Lets just say this broke the princess dam in our house.  The girl's entire world became "the princesses, the princes, and the star wars characters."  The "princesses, the princes, and star wars characters," in that order, have become Sonya's new best friends.  She talks to them and shows them her outfits.   They sometimes ride in our car, sometimes they ride in their own rainbow car, sometimes if there is not enough room in our car, like the other day, Rapunzel rode on top of our car, and sometimes the Millennium Falcon flies next to our car.  There are times when only certain "friends" come with us places.  Like one day when we went to swimming lessons and Luke came with us because he knows how to do a flip into the pool.  Things did get a little awkward, after swimming when Sonya was taking a shower and Luke joined her.  
I always ask her what all her "friends" are doing because I want to her encourage this imaginative state for as long as possible.        
Here is what a typical afternoon at our house looks like:
Music
A princess puzzle.
  Side note:  Sonya doesn't really get edge pieces, so I taught her to do a  puzzle by looking for the faces first.  This is a great way for her to find specific pieces.  My girl is can work a 100 piece puzzle all by herself, of course I think she is brilliant, but I am her mama.
Always wearing a princess dress.
She pretty much hates the camera.
        Sonya is the type of kid who obsesses about a certain subject for weeks at a time, ie Star Wars, Princesses, Taylor Swift, handwriting, puzzles, trains, etc.  So I have taken the philosophy with her to strike while the iron is hot.  So if I can find cheap puzzles, dress up clothes, whatever it is, I will buy it, talk about it, make it  a big deal.  My hope and prayer for  my kids is them live a life full of passion and inspiration.  I want them to know, I love what they love.  Right now for Sonya it is Star Wars and princesses, later on it could be music or sports, whatever it is I love it.     

4 comments:

Cary March 14, 2011 at 11:19 PM  

So sweet! And, I think she's brilliant, too.

Greta March 15, 2011 at 7:12 AM  

I love that you foster her imagination, you are a wonderful mom.

KA March 15, 2011 at 10:12 AM  

I LOVE the last picture of Sonya. Oh she is so silly.

KA March 15, 2011 at 10:13 AM  

Oh I love Sonya!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP