Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Family that Sword Fights Together....

A couple of weeks ago Josh and I went on a romantic date to Toys R Us.  We are so lame, that we always just go to Target, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Toys R Us when we have a babysitter on a Saturday night.  Anyway while we were walking the aisles deciding ways to spoil our kids, we spotted some Nerf swords.  We picked up one sword for Sonya and one for Teddy, and then Josh and I decided to get one for each of us.  We figured we could have family sword fights.  That's fun right?  
The kids love the swords, and so do we.  
  We always hold our swords two handed like a Jedi Knight would, and it is a little safer.
I like to pretend I am Beatrix Kiddo, aka The Bride from Kill Bill.  She is possibly my favorite female character from a movie of all time.  One time we were at a meeting for church leadership, and we had to go around the room and say if we could be any movie character who would you be.  One lady said Princess Leia, somebody else said Annette Benning in Open Range.  I proceeded to say The Bride from Kill Bill, and was met with a room full of blank stares.  If you don't know the background of Kill Bill, The Bride basically goes on a killing spree rooted in revenge.  
Isn't that your movie idol?
She just plain kicks ass.  
I was offered some phone numbers of qualified counselors after that statement to help me with any issues I might need to talk about.
Just kidding.
 How do you all have family fun?

3 comments:

Cary March 17, 2011 at 5:37 PM  

So cute! We are a hide-n-seek kind of family.

Greta March 18, 2011 at 8:48 AM  

I think we are a movie family. Best nights ever are movie nights with popcorn and a fire in the fireplace.

Cuatro-Mom March 20, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

Ha I love it! We are a Jedi knight and Seperatist (sp?) family with drawn out battles usually consisting of swords as well as saving a princess! Throw in a random dance party and you have Ryan family fun!!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP