Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Art Project

The past couple of weeks I have just kind of been muddling through everyday life.  I have not been super productive or creative with the kids.  I do not consider myself an artist or even creative, but I have realized I am someone who needs art and creativity in my life.  I haven't had my camera out, baked anything new, or had the paints outs with the kids.  With that being said, I have felt myself crumbling a bit.  I need to create on a regular basis, or my soul truly suffers.  So today Sonya, Teddy, and I headed to Hobby Lobby to pick up some art supplies.  As we walked down the aisles we spotted some masks that were perfect for painting.  I wish I could say we read some great book and I am tying this project back to the story, or I am teaching the kids about Mardi Gras, but I can't.  I think I get so worried about making a themed educational project, instead of having fun.  
This was just a fun project to do.
Take a look.
Of course Sonya started with blue paint on her mask.
    Baby T went for the rainbow approach.
Sonya showing me her paintbrush.
I love this picture of Sonya.  
I was focused on the paintbrush, and then I saw her face on the viewing screen.  
I tried to get her to make the same face so I could get it in focus, but no such luck.  
Now I kind of like that it is blurry.  
I think she looks lovely and old fashioned.
I know I am gushing, but she is my girl.
Now this picture of Teddy on the other hand, is well...less than stellar.
Here is the mess, I was left to clean up.
I think this is why I take such long breaks from art projects...
Here are the completed masks.
Baby T wouldn't wear his.
I love these masks, a bit creepy looking, but a super fun random project.  
I hope to be showing a lot more creativity on here.

4 comments:

Greta March 30, 2011 at 7:52 AM  

So awesome! We went to Hobby Lobby as well yesterday
but our project was tempered by what I felt I could handle yesterday. Foam sheets with stick on Easter decorations and a pack of new markers. Pretty lame. I love that you go ALL OUT. Glitter, sequins, paint? You are a brave brave mama. Can't wait to see what is next:)

rachel @ perfectly imperfect March 30, 2011 at 3:01 PM  

i love your blog! your freedom to jump in with everything for an art project is awesome. great idea!

Cary March 30, 2011 at 11:03 PM  

Love Teddy's mask

gretchen March 31, 2011 at 7:27 PM  

Cary! I agree. No offense to SoSo but Teddy's mask is quite beautiful, I think. And Miss! You need butcher paper. Pull it out, and tape it down on the table, when they're done, ball it up and throw it away. Also, with butcher paper, you can trace the kids and let them color themselves in. And teddy's face in that picture...wow.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP