Thursday, February 24, 2011

One Year

I can officially say that I have been blogging for one year.
I have published 178 posts, this being 179.
In honor of my one year anniversary, 
I thought I would let you all get to know me better.
So here are


"20 Things You Didn't Know About Me"


1.  When I was little I liked to eat all of my food burned.
2.  My favorite flowers are pink peonies.
3.  I was very involved in Young Life for seven years.
4.  I got fired from my job at Ann Taylor Loft for wearing my flip flops before I bought them.
5.  I have donated my hair to Pantene Beautiful lengths campaign.
6.  I have been in three commercials.  
The last one I was in was with Teddy when he was two months old for Southeast Missouri Medical Center.  
He played a baby girl named Carly.
7.   When I was nine years old I was hospitalized for a staph infection, 
and then a month later I was hit by car in front of my house.
8.  I keep my blog simple and full of photos because I don't have a lot of confidence in my writing skills.
9.  My favorite colors are blue and pink.
10.  I have been the primary driver of eight different cars.  
My favorite ones being my silver 1988 Nissan Sentra, silver 1984 Honda Prelude, white 2000 Honda Civic, 
and my current car a navy blue 2003 Acura MDX.
11.  I have had multiple miscarriages.
12.  I used to have a really good memory, but my brain has been slowly disintegrating since having children.
13.  I prefer the ocean over the mountains.  
14.  I became a Christian when I was 15 years old.
15.  I have worked at CJ Muggs, Northwest Coffee, Babysitter, Work Crew and Summer Staff at YL camp, The Gap, Ann Taylor Loft, and Pottery Barn Kids.
16.  My biggest irrational fear is a plane crashing into my house.
17.  My biggest struggles are pride, envy and fear of success.
18.  The first blog I ever read was jodified.
19.  My favorite pizza from Deweys that I made up has olive oil, minced garlic, fontina cheese, mozzarella cheese, pesto, chicken, pine nuts, 
roasted garlic, sun dried tomatoes, and then I add little bit of salt when it comes to the table.
20.  I have 100 subscriptions in my google reader.


Anything else would you like to know?
Go, ahead ask. 


  It has been crazy to look over the past year, and how my family has grown and changed.  
It is so fun to receive emails from, run into people, and get comments from strangers that read my blog and actually enjoy it.
Who knew??
Thank you all for stopping by.




9 comments:

Greta February 24, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

So glad you have a blog, I still can't figure out google reader. I have google issues.

Cuatro-Mom February 24, 2011 at 11:23 AM  

So happy you started a blog as well...... I feel like yesterday you were picking me up in the Nissan heading out to get some java, ha ha! Now we can celebrate our families through these crazy blogs:) And not only are you a great photographer, but also I enjoy your writing.

Sara D. February 24, 2011 at 1:08 PM  

Wow, 9 was not good to you! I love lists like this!! Also, that is SO crazy about Ann Taylor...whenI worked there,no one ever got fired, because they were crazy paranoid about lawsuits. Oh,and we could never stop and/or say anything about shopper theft, for the same reason?

Oh, and I don't use Google reader either (greta, I totally laughed when I read your comment). I have TRIED to figure it out, but it makes my brain hurt. It must be math-based.

carly730 February 24, 2011 at 6:24 PM  

I do not get google readers either Greta and Sara!

Miss-I LOVE your blog. I really enjoy reading it and seeing beautfiul pictures of the kids. I look forward to checking my blogger dashboard for new posts...this kind of make me want to blog....but I am not sure i am ready.
I LOVE the food pics too. You are funny and a good writer too. Keep on bloggin'

April Williams February 26, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

I found your blog through I heart faces, and I am happy to get a chance to get to know you! Great idea for a one year post.

Terri February 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM  

You are one of my favorite super heroines, smish. Love your honest and humorous look at life and yourself! You add so much to all us...love, stalkers of your blog. ;)

Maureen March 10, 2011 at 9:28 PM  

I thought for sure the "pirate" story would have made the list! I just laugh at that connection we share. Thanks for sharing your blog! I'm probably going to steal this idea for my one year - great to know a little bit more about you.

Ryans March 17, 2011 at 12:52 PM  

My list would be so similar to this it is sort of frightening! Down to the pink peonies - excluding any commercial appearances. But I can't believe you & Sara don't do Google Reader. It definitely changed my blog-stalking life. Sad statement.

And Sonja and Tucker may be soul mates. Except instead of getting in to his wacky obsessions I get annoyed. I need to see it through the lens of fostering his passions. Hopefully one of them will make me rich in the future! Ha!

Ryans March 17, 2011 at 12:54 PM  

I just made a list of all my cars -- also 8! I get bored :)

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP