Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Red Ruby Swippers

I have to admit blogworld, I am feeling very out of the habit of blogging.  I feel like my a need to write some profound blog post with all the thoughts rolling around in my head as of late, but honestly I feel frozen.  
So to get back in the saddle I am going to show you Sonya as Dorothy.  
Sonya has been very into the Wizard of Oz.  I was a little hesitant to show her the movie because she gets scared very easily.  She hides her eyes at the parts where she is scared, and asks a lot of questions to make sure she understands what is going on.  There was one day where I was talking to her and did and she did entire mash up of Wizard of Oz and Star Wars.  She said the "Wica Wits of da Wist" and her "boys" would go with Darth Vader and the stormtroopers.  Then Dorothy, the Straw Guy, the Sliver Guy (her favorite because he is handsome), and the Lion would all ride in the Millennium Falcon.  I can't remember the rest of the story, but I was impressed on how she separated the characters into good and evil.  Anyway, for Christmas I got Sonya a pair of red ruby slippers from Target, and she loved them.
  She also received a blue and white checked dress from my aunt and uncle.  It is actually a really nice dress from a fancy children's boutique in Lake Forest IL, but it is not really my style of clothes for her.  The dress is also tad small, and the definitely won't fit in the spring when it is supposed to worn.  So it became a part of our dress up clothes, and she wears it when she watches Wizard of Oz. 
I asked her to pose, here is what she gave me.
Here is another pose.
  
I love how one second she can be so into movie to where you can't even get her attention,
and the next minute she is spinning in circles.
Here is a little face time.
Bare with me blogworld as I get back at it.

3 comments:

Sara D. January 11, 2011 at 1:17 PM  

I totally get that lack of motivation with blogging. It happens a few times a year for me and it's always tough to snap out of.

BTW, I love that dress. It is a PERFECT Dorothy dress!!!

KA January 11, 2011 at 7:35 PM  

SoSo =)

carly730 January 11, 2011 at 8:20 PM  

She is so darn cute and i can understand you might need a blog break but please come back often. I love reading your blog and especially seeing all the beautiful pictures. Darling dress but i can see what you mean about the fancy-ness....perfect for dress up!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP