Tuesday, November 23, 2010

My New Baby

My wonderful loving husband gave me my Christmas present a little early this year.  
Let me introduce you to the newest member of my family.
Here is a closer look.
I have wanted her for quite some time, and now she is mine.  
I wanted to give her a nice 1950s housewife name, but with all of my naming abilities, I was stumped.  
My sister Gretchen suggested Doris, but that didn't fit.  
I have taken to calling her Lady, but we shall see.  
Now that I have an amazing dough hook, for Lady's inaugural run I decided to make a rustic Italian bread.  
I am still figuring out all of how to use her the best of her ability, but the bread turned out divine.


Be prepared for a lot more baking posts.  
If you have any baking requests let me know.  
I would be happy to oblige and bring it to you, so I don't look like I am smuggling loaves of bread down the back of my pants.

6 comments:

Cary November 23, 2010 at 10:59 PM  

How did you not already have one of those???
Josh is a sweetie!

Ellen November 24, 2010 at 7:49 AM  

You are so a woman after my own heart!

Annie November 24, 2010 at 8:50 AM  

Yeay Josh! Have you ever tried to make the kind of bread they serve at Macaroni Grill? It's a rosemary-type round button-looking loaf. Brushed w/ olive oil, hot, mmmmmmm it's soooo good!! BTW, some 50's sounding names: Linda, Gertie, Mabel, Nan(cy), Trudy.

amyhaus November 24, 2010 at 10:05 AM  

I think she looks like an Evelyn

carly730 November 24, 2010 at 3:46 PM  

I am sooo jealous. I hope someday I am as lucky as you to get one of those"lady"s as a gift. The bread looks soooo good. Happy Turkey Day Mis!

Katy November 24, 2010 at 9:33 PM  

YAY!!!!!!!!! So happy you got this!!!!!!! Btw, I like Annie's suggestion of Mabel :)

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP