Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My Lunch

I made my self a truly delicious lunch the other day.  
I had picked up a box of these flatbread crackers from Whole Foods the other day.  
I read about them here.
They are very crunchy and have a great nutty flavor.  
I also picked up this mustard.
It is so good!!  A great balance of flavors, and perfect as a pizza sauce.  So the idea hit me to spread the mustard all of the cracker, sprinkle it with mozzarella cheese and chia seeds.  The cracker is already so crunchy you don't have to bake it to long, just until the the cheese is melted.  On the side I made kale chips, my latest food obsession. 
I read about them here.  
To watch on video on how to make them click here.
Basically you wash and dry the kale.  Make sure it is really dry because the it will wilt in the oven instead of getting crispy if there is too much moisture.  Coat the kale with cooking spray or about two tsp of olive oil, and season with kosher salt (or your favorite seasoning).  Place them on a baking sheet, and do not over crowd them because again the kale will wilt instead of getting crispy.  Bake at 350 for about 12-14 minutes.  The kale is so tasty, and satisfying.
My final plate.
What is your favorite lunch?

0 comments:

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP