Friday, September 3, 2010

Melted Crayons

The other day I was home with the kids, and I needed something to do with them.  
Sonya was coloring and I noticed our box of crayons looked like this.
So I decided to melt the broken crayons together, to make round rainbow crayons.  
Sonya was really excited to put the crayons in the muffin tin and see how they melted together.  
I put the muffin tin in the oven at 265 degrees for about ten minutes.
Sonya and Teddy liked to watch the "magic" through the oven door.

When the crayons were done melting I threw them in the freezer for about 30 minutes.  After the 30 minutes they popped right out of the muffin tin.  
I should have used a paper liner because I did have to scrape some of the wax off the sides.
Here they are melted.
  The finished product.
I  will say, coloring with the crayons was kind of a bust.  
Sonya had way more fun with the process of making the rainbow crayons, sorting and stacking them different ways. 

I am sure most of your crayons look like mine so this is a fun little activity to pass the time.  

3 comments:

rachel @ perfectly imperfect September 4, 2010 at 7:47 AM  

so fun! i wonder if i could melt them into cookie cutter shapes... hmm. prepare for a blog post on how rachel goes to the hospital with 3rd degree burns in the shape of unicorns, princesses & butterflies. : )

birds_nest September 4, 2010 at 8:53 AM  

for Valentine's Day we found a heart shaped muffin tin and gave out heart shaped crayons that said "you color my world"

Kalie Adams September 4, 2010 at 10:30 AM  

I remember my mom doing this with us when we were younger! We colored the inside of our play ground.

Teddy and Sonya are too cute watching them melt with their faces plastered against the oven!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP