Friday, July 2, 2010

The Carnival

Growing up in Webster the Fourth of July is a pretty big deal.  There is a four day carnival, fireworks, BBQs, Miss Webster Pageant, and a parade.  I love the small town feel of this time of year.  The carnival has gotten pricey over the past couple of years, but the first night is "wristband" night.  You pay $25 for your wristband and ride unlimited all night long, perfect for a three year old.  

The first ride Sonya wanted to go on was the giant tiger bouncy slide.  We waited in line for about ten minutes.
When it was finally Sonya's turn she climbed all the way to the top, and freaked out.
The gentleman taking tickets had other kids climb up and try to get her to go, but that did not work.  I had to climb half way up the ladder to get her to come down.  
Fail.
We decided to try some different rides that were not as tall.  The motorcycle ride was the perfect place to try again.  Sonya rode with her friend Bobby D. from school.  Bobby D.'s mom said she looked like Miss Webster as she rode because she just waved at us the whole time.


Sonya rode a bunch of the kiddie rides all night, but my girl had a need for speed.  My dad wanted to ride the Tilt-A-Whirl with my sister and I, but I said no.  I can not ride that kind of stuff anymore, but Sonya decided to take my place.  That's right my three year old daughter rode the Tilt-A-Whirl and LOVED it. 
Success.
 Don't believe me, here is the proof.
Who didn't love this ride as a kid.
I don't remember this clown being so scary looking.
In line waiting.
Getting ready.
Let the spinning begin.



Sonya was so excited when we walked to the car that she was just running in circles.


Then she stopped dead in her tracks, and saw the ferris wheel all lit up and said,
"Wow, wook at all dose colors!"

We had a really fun night.  It was great to see so many familiar faces, Josh said it was like a big "family" reunion.  
I love our town!!

More photos to come later.

1 comments:

Cary July 2, 2010 at 10:44 AM  

One year on the Tilt a Whirl, my mom and I both threw up afterwards.
I LOVE S's shorts. Well, and her t-shirt. And her headband.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP