Friday, June 11, 2010

H-Town

Josh had a business trip in Houston and I decided to tag along in honor of our nine year wedding anniverary for a little rest, relaxation, and romance.  We left on Tuesday right after the big storm, in STL.  We arrived in Houston and decided to get some dinner before we checked into our hotel because it was almost 7pm.  We ate at the Grand Lux Cafe, it is the same company the owns Cheesecake Factory.

The food was really good.  We split duck potstickers, and some fresh bread for an appetizer.  I got a house salad for dinner, and Josh got the Shaking Beef.  The Shaking Beef was delicious, highly recommend it!!
From there we checked into our hotel, 


Lets just say my husband knows how to pick a hotel.  He has stayed here before and really wanted to bring me back here, and I am glad he did.  It is a BEAUTIFUL hotel, and so fancy.
Here are some shots of our room, I mean suite...
We have turn down service at this hotel, what ever that means.

 Our living room area.  
Remember embrace the grain of some of these shots.

Our suite had a little kitchen with mini fridge, stove top, microwave, and sink.  Trust me I had zero plans of cooking on this trip, but nice to have in the room.

There was also a great four person table where we both set shop with our laptops.  It was nice to be able to work, by work I mean read blogs, check FB, and shop online, and not have two sets of little hands banging on the keyboard, and begging to watch Ke$ha, yes Sonya and Teddy both love her.
Don't ask.


Wednesday I got to sleep in until 8:30am!!
I do not know the last time I slept that late, so nice.  We had a leisurely morning and ate a late breakfast.  I had a english muffin, with peanut butter, and a ice cold glass of milk.  Josh had biscuits and gravy with a side of hash browns  from the Fountain View Cafe.  We came back to the hotel and went to the gym and worked out for about 45 minutes while Josh had a conference call.  Sidenote:  I did watch Paula Deen make Krispy Kreme bread pudding while doing the elliptical, talk about motivation.  From the gym I headed to the pool to get some sun.  I have a pool debacle story coming later, stay tuned.
After the pool I cleaned up and Josh and I headed to the shops across the street from our hotel.  When I unpacked my bag when we arrived in Houston I realized I packed like a blind person, none of my clothes really went together.  Which is hard to do because my wardrobe consists of plain t-shirts and plain bottoms.  Anywho, I needed to get a a new shirt so I wouldn't look ridiculous, so I ran into Ann Taylor Loft because it was the closest store around that sells T-shirts.  I worked at Ann Taylor Loft a few years back and HATED it.  Honestly, I felt like it sucked a little of my soul out of me, so I do not like to shop there, but beggars can't be choosers.  As a looked for a shirt, I stumbled on a sale rack of jeans, and decided to try a pair on because a pair of my jeans that I wear a lot recently got a whole in them.  Low and behold, I loved the jeans. They were actually some what cute on me, which is highly unusual, and they were only $20, sold.  Then I found a dress to wear to a  wedding, and then two t-shirts at the end of my shopping spree.  Thanks Josh for the clothes!!
We went to dinner at McCormick and Schmicks, Josh had an oyster sampler and wild salmon, and I had ribeye (cooked medium rare) with grilled asparagus and we split garlic mashed potatoes.  We had a great time discussing our life together, what we want for the future, talking through some decisions we need to make.  All stuff that is hard to do at home with all of the distractions.  I really miss my kids, but I LOVE being just us.
Just two.
We grabbed some cupcakes and milk for back at the hotel from Crave Cupcakes.
  
  Josh got chocolate with vanilla and I got vanilla with chocolate.


They were tasty, but not as good as Jilly's back home.  Since we were at a fancy hotel, I decided to drink my milk with my cupcake extra fancy.


That is day one and two in H-town.  Nothing too exciting, but exactly what we were looking for,
 to just be together.

1 comments:

Cary June 11, 2010 at 12:08 PM  

Love it! What a great time. I miss you!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP