Thursday, June 17, 2010

All Messy

So I have mentioned my rocky relationship with crafting, art projects, etc, but Sonya and I needed a project today.  So I pulled out a project we did last summer, that she loved, and I knew she wouldn't remember.  I got out two mixing bowls, 
shaving cream,


 food coloring,
 and spoons for a color mixing that turned in to messy play.


I read about this activity as way to learn about mixing two colors to make another color.
Red + Blue = Purple
Yellow + Blue = Green
Yellow + Red = Orange
That lasted all of two seconds because she just wanted to squeeze the food coloring.
Fail number one.  
So I just went with it and she squeezed away.


I did have her screw and unscrew the lids of the food coloring, to work on her fine motor skills.  She did a really good job.  
Success.  
Another way to do this activity would be put the shaving cream in a plastic bag, add the food coloring, and squish it around.  
A little less mess, but that is not how we roll.
The colors all swirled together are beautiful!!




I love the shapes the shaving cream makes when you spoon it out of the bowl.
This one looks like a bird to me or a scare crow to me.
What do you see?

Then Sonya decided to put her hands in the bowl.  I tried to to have her write some letters in the shaving cream in the counter.  
Fail number two.  
She just wanted to do this...


I think you know where this is headed.


I just threw her in the shower when we were all done, and scrubbed the counters with a magic eraser. 
 Two failures, one success, and all in all a fun time.

2 comments:

Greta June 18, 2010 at 8:27 AM  

I need to this with the kids!!

Ellen June 18, 2010 at 8:54 PM  

That actually looks like a giant success given that you were able to write about it sober instead of the drunken mess I would be if faced with food coloring and shaving cream. Plus those are cute buns she's got! (Is that weird? Sorry.) Way to make passing the time fun for her!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP