Friday, May 21, 2010

Why I Suck

There are some days when I just want to throw my camera out the freakin window!!  Sometimes when I think I have my settings right, I don't and I miss some great shots.  I feel like 80%-90% of what I shoot is pure crap, but I like to keep those hidden from you all, or maybe I don't.  You all might think all of my photos are crap and just haven't told me.  Anyway,  Sonya is especially hard to catch on "film" because she literally puts her head down or turns away when I pull the camera out.  There are three recent shots I missed of her that really burn me up because I think she looks so beautiful.  
Take a look...


They are all blurry on the left side.  
So annoying!!

Side note: These images have been edited in i-photo.  I don't have Photoshop, and I would have no idea how to use it if I did have it.  Photoshop is something I would love to learn but I want to "master" the use of my camera first. 

Back to the matter hand, my relationship with my camera.  As you all can tell from this blog photography has become a hobby of mine, and would like to get better at it.  I know the key to getting better is to keep shooting, and shooting and shooting.  But there are plenty of days where I feel like I will NEVER get it right, and then I become overwhelmed with all of the information I DON'T know about photography.  I am getting mad just thinking about it.  
I was talking to somebody recently about why I love photography and what it does for me.  
  1. It allows and forces me to be creative.
  2. I can document our family 
  3. It makes me use my brain. 
  4. It is something in my life just for me.       
I am taking the Fresh Moms class with the ladies of Fresh Art Photography this week, and I can't wait.  I have been angry with my camera and I hoping this class will help us make up.  Like any good relationship, I need to keep pushing through this slump to get better. 
I will let you know how it goes.

3 comments:

SImone May 23, 2010 at 11:05 AM  

I think you are crazy because these pictures are fantastic! I don't know a whole lot about lighting and photo integrity and whatnot, but I do know that you take amazing pictures and I LOVE the ones you have posted on your blog :-) I'm excited about your Fresh Moms class though! That will be so fun!!

amy May 23, 2010 at 1:20 PM  

i think your photos are amazing! i post mine even when I hate the quality (which is most of the time!) i just don't want to forget the moments. maybe one day I will be better.... :)

gretchen May 28, 2010 at 10:08 PM  

i think you;re crazy too. those pics are amazing. esp. the first one.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP