Wednesday, May 12, 2010

What We Are Eating Continued

Sometimes I feel like a lot of my life revolves around food.  Planning meals, going to the grocery store, cooking, cleaning up after a meal, packing snacks, budgeting the groceries, making sure my kids are getting adequate nutrition, etc.  Fact of the matter is I like to eat, as anyone who knows me can tell that by my round and squishy figure.
I thought I would share our menu for this week because I always like to see what other families are eating.
  • Monday:  grilled top sirloin marinated in Andria's steak sauce and seasoned with Citizen Kane's steak seasoning, roasted brussell sprouts, and roasted new potatoes
  • Tuesday:  I went out with friends to Robust.  (Thanks Groupon)
  • Wednesday: grilled chicken marinated in raspberry chipotle sauce, pureed cauliflower, and roasted squash 
Teddy devoured the pureed cauliflower, literally licking his bowl.
  • Thursday:  homemade cheese pizza and raw bell peppers
  • Friday:  grilled pork tenderloin, roasted sweet potatoes, and homemade cranberry walnut bread (same for you Allens) 
A couple weeks age I noticed a change in Sonya's behavior.  Melting down much easier, combative, WAY to rough with me and with Teddy, etc.  April was a very busy month we went to bed too late, we ate out a lot, and had lots of sweets because both of the kids had birthdays.  So the past two weeks I have been working on getting things back on track with Sonya by eating at home, getting rest in the afternoon, and getting her to bed on time.  I am firm believer that food and behavior are linked.  Don't ask me to cite anything because I can't, just articles I have read along the way and documentaries I have watched.
Also, this week Sonya had her three year check up at the doctor and it went great.  Except one thing, she is 39 inches tall and weighs 37 pounds, which makes her BMI in the 86%, meaning overweight.  What the what?!?  My sweet pediatrician said to not worry one bit about her weight, and the numbers are irrelevant.  I know she is not over weight, her diet has lots of color and variety, and the girl doesn't stop moving all day, but those damn numbers are driving me crazy.  So now I am analyzing her entire body and thinking about everything she eats.  Feeling like I am failing as a mother because I am in charge of what she eats at this stage of the game, and I am not setting her up to have a healthy life.  I need to let it go, and keep feeding my family the best I can. 
But I will say it again, those numbers are driving me crazy!!

4 comments:

Katy May 12, 2010 at 10:09 PM  

STOP WITH THE NUMBERS!!!!!!

I'd be happy to have a free session with you concerning this :)

You're a great Mom. So stop worrying. (easier said than done, right?)

Cary May 13, 2010 at 10:39 AM  

She is more than numbers...she's "All Things Sonya," and those things are way impressive.

Adriane May 13, 2010 at 2:21 PM  

Lydia is 39 inches and 39 lbs - guess that makes her overweight too...whatever! Anyone can tell by looking at the girls, that they are far from overweight! By the list of your menus, you're doing way better than me :)

Cuatro-Mom May 13, 2010 at 3:35 PM  

The numbers suck! I too obsessed with my first child, so I'm right there with you:) But now I'm on the opposite spectrum with my 4th child who is super skinny and sick all the time (pneumonia, twice in two months and tubes in both ears somewhere in between). Hang in there momma! I love ya and miss ya! But I love reading your blog!!!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP