Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Strawberry Pickin'

Today Sonya, Teddy, and I went strawberry picking with my friend Jennifer.  We almost didn't go because I really didn't want to take Teddy and I couldn't find a babysitter, but I am so glad we went!!  We headed out to Eckerts in Belleville IL, about a 40 minute drive outside of St. Louis.  Jennifer said it would be backbreaking work, and she wasn't kidding.

For my readers who worked for Jennifer at the Gap, don't worry she is still all about business when their is a task at hand.  She had Sonya looking for the darkest reddest berries she could find, and my girl delivered.

Can you stand how beautiful these strawberries are?!?

  I was hoping Teddy would sleep in his stroller, but he was not having it.  
So I got him out and let him sample the goods.  
And, what is cuter than a chubby baby in a field.


Notice Sonya picking some berries in the background, there was no messing around.


Here is our bounty of berries.
I will say it again they are so beautiful!!
We had enough strawberries that we gave a big tub to our neighbor Jenny and her family, and another one to my sister Cate and her daughter Stella.

When we were done picking our strawberries, we headed for the ice cream shop.  Where Jennifer treated us to a strawberry shortcake.  I think Sonya became Jennifer's friend for life after she saw our dairy delight.
I think her exact words were,
"Whow, wook at dat!"

See friends for life.

After our ice cream we headed to the store where I picked up some country goods
fresh brats
apple butter
pumpkin bread mix
biscuit mix
pound cake 
and 
whipped cream

After dinner I gave Sonya another go around of strawberry shortcake.
Here is what she left in the bowl.
She just ate the cake and cream.
Stella had dinner with us, so she also got to partake in the strawberry shortcake, and she just kept asking for more cake.
These girls don't know what they are missing!! 
But, since she is my niece and I love her I gave her some more cake.
I need to give Stella a little blog love, so stay tuned for some amazing chub in the near future.

We had such a great time at Eckerts, and with Jennifer.  
I am so glad she called and convinced us to go.
THANKS JEN FOR A GREAT TIME!!

2 comments:

JenB May 20, 2010 at 8:39 AM  

I had a blast...and Sonya and Teddy were perfect angels. You are such a talented photographer. And I understand why So So just ate cake...all the cake was on the bottom of our sundae and she barely strayed from the top! Can't wait for peaches!

gretchen May 20, 2010 at 6:58 PM  

catie o made mom-style strawberry shortake a few weeks ago. i didn't get to eat it, but i want it!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP