Sunday, March 14, 2010

Magic Shoes

Do you ever make a purchase you are hoping will magically change your life? I do, and this is the latest...
The Reebok EasyTone sneaker.
I have convinced myself into thinking that these shoes will change my life. They will magically melt away the 40 extra pounds I am carrying around. If I lose the weight I will have a slimmer body, then I could wear cuter clothes, then I will have more confidence, and with all that confidence I will become a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I allow the fantasy to keep snowballing in my head all because I put my hope into a silly pair of shoes? I know they won't firm and lift and backside and from there make me a leader in the free world.
It will take real work and discipline to do any of those things like lose weight and become a better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend.
Discipline, or lack there of, has become a real theme in my life over the past few years. Discipline was one of those things in life that just passed me by, I never really thought about it or understood it. I am now realizing now all of the freedom and joy that comes with a disciplined life.
I must say, the excitement of these new shoes have been getting me to the gym, so maybe there is a little magic in them.

0 comments:

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP