Monday, March 22, 2010

Did you hear what I said?!?


I think I said that phrase over a million times this weekend.
 Along with, 
"Do you want a spanking?'
"You need to listen to mama!"
"Do not be rough with your brother!"
"Please do not touch..."
"Please STOP!"
"Go to your room!"
"I have had it with you!"  
Sonya really has been trying the patience of the mama and dada lately.  
These are the times as a mama I feel worn out and don't want to fight the good fight.  
This is when I want to let her watch TV all day, eat whatever she wants, let her go to bed late, really just ignore her and quit.  
Like this morning when my children were up at the unacceptable time of 5am.  I popped Cinderella in, laid in bed, and then gave Sonya a leftover Krispy Kreme doughnut for breakfast.   
  
But, then I remember that she is a two and half year old little girl.  
I remember that we are in a "fight" for her life, her heart.  
A fight for her to be loving, kind, patient, obedient, creative, helpful, brave, inquisitive, safe, rested, confident, sweet, generous, loyal, hopeful, funny, imaginative, silly, honest, beautiful, faithful, healthy, respectful, smart, and so on.
    
We live in a broken, messy, fallen world that can swallow a little girl up in an instant if I give up when we are having a bad day. Don't get me wrong, I know I will still yell, watch movies, stay up too late, eat junk, and pretend like I don't hear or see her.  But I know that every hour is new, every minute is new, and every second is new.  These are all chances for me to have a new attitude, a new heart towards her so she can become all of those things listed above.       
I want her to know that I will never quit on her,
even when I have had it, 
it is my job as her mama to 
"fight"
 for her life, her heart 
everyday.   

3 comments:

Greta March 22, 2010 at 5:09 PM  

Amen

Cuatro-Mom March 23, 2010 at 12:43 PM  

Right there with ya sister!

Jill March 27, 2010 at 10:32 PM  

Just started reading the blog--- love it and this post I need to read everyday I reference to Henry :) love you!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP