Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Assignment Green

 The Pioneer Woman is running another photography assignment.  
The assignment is green.
 She posted the assignment yesterday and I couldn't think of anything to shoot,  but then you never know when inspiration will hit.  Today I windexed our sliding glass back doors, inside and out.  The clarity of the light streaming through the glass motivated me to get the camera out and shoot the kids. 
Then I noticed these sitting on the table. 
Crayons.

 I thought about how I could shoot the green crayons and make it some what interesting.  I started to visualize what makes green, well green.  The answer to me was yellow and blue.  So this is what I came up with.

Probably not the most original idea in the world or best photo, but I really like it.
Honestly, I wish I would have submitted this one instead, but oh well.

  Of course while I took five minutes to shoot the crayons, this was going on.



 Big baby Tedward wasn't feeling it.

 Then I decided to go with it, and got some more inspiration.  I encouraged Sonya to paint herself green.

I think she looks beautiful.

 I love how the camera has allowed me to tap into creative side I never knew I had, or knew that I needed to express. 
I love when inspiration strikes,
at a random time, and I am able to capture moments like this.
   
I think I have a few more green submissions.  

5 comments:

missy March 30, 2010 at 8:14 PM  

test comment.

missy March 30, 2010 at 8:16 PM  
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
midwest woman March 30, 2010 at 10:04 PM  

I like the second one from the bottom..her eyes almost look blue green and I lke the green swirl on her cheek. hmm I might enter...

Jenny March 31, 2010 at 8:25 AM  

Too cute! And I love that Soso was still painted when I saw her :)

Greta April 1, 2010 at 5:58 PM  

I think EVERYONE has a creative side we are just taught from a young age what is "good" and what is "not good" from grownups. You are creative and very good at it!!!!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP