Tuesday, February 23, 2010

pressure


Now I feel the pressure to have funny witty posts about our life around the house and to have amazing insight about marriage, parenting, friendship, and my faith. I keep sitting here trying to think of something smart to write so I can pretend like I am important. I guess writing a blog is like learning to do anything else, it takes practice and discipline to get good at it. I heard a great definition of discipline at the church we have been attending.

Discipline: Any activity I can do by direct effort that will help me do what I cannot do by direct effort.

So this will take my direct effort to get going, get comfortable, and get my style.

I like these pictures of knots I took because it took discipline to get it right. I have been working with my camera and shooting in a manual setting. I thought about how I wanted to see the knot captured in my camera, and then had to think about how to get the correct settings.

This one is not what I wanted.


This is closer, but not quite what I wanted.

This is how I wanted to see the knot. To see the true color of the knot and see the all of the rope in focus.

It took my direct effort to get this shot because it was something I could not do before. Figuring out my ISO, aperture, and shutter speed to obtain the result I wanted. This shot is far from perfect, but it better than the others.

Discipline and practice.

2 comments:

midwest woman February 23, 2010 at 8:01 PM  

Way too go...it's addicting. Like the knots BTW. PS it's Mom.

Jodie Allen February 24, 2010 at 10:16 PM  

YAHOO! I just KNEW you'd start a blog someday!!! And the photos are awesome! You are learning so much so fast!!! Sorry I had to reschedule but can't wait to hang out next week!!!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP