Thursday, February 25, 2010

Our Day

Yesterday was a good day. I really enjoyed my kids. We normally go to CBS bible study on Wednesday mornings, but today I decided we needed to do something else. This mama needed to head to the gym and have a break from babies. I can't believe this difference it made in my day to just get on the elliptical for just 30 minutes. I was more patient and my mood was better for the rest of the day. It was a good wake up call to realize that I don't have to kill myself when I go to the gym, but just get there. I know I don't and won't have a smokin' hot bod, from 30 minutes of exercise. Lets be honest, my stomach is flabby and looks like I have been mauled by some type jungle cat, but If I can have more days like today because of 30 minutes of exercise I will take it.

We came home and had some lunch and Teddy was being the sweetest little, I mean big, guy. Which was nice because Tuesday he was a major crab. We actually had some sun coming through the backdoor, so I grabbed my camera to get some practice shooting in manual.

Don't you just want eat him up?

I think Sonya is on the way to giving up her nap. It has been a grieving process for me, but I am coming to terms with it. The loss of my down time in the afternoon has been a hard pill to swallow, but we did have some fun today. I decided to make play-doh and let her pick out the colors, pink and blue. Sonya also learned that pink and blue make purple mixed together because you know play-doh only stayed separate for 2 minutes.

Blue is her favorite color.

Then we listened to some Taylor Swift and danced. The Fearless CD is the soundtrack to Sonya's life. I will have to write a separate post about the Sonya's Taylor Swift obsession. It involves sunglasses, a hairbrush, asking for a band camp T-shirt, and wearing these.
Stay tuned...

Sonya has also noticed that mama has had the camera out a lot recently. So she wanted in on the action. The phrase,"Mama I take a pitsur of Tedward," was heard quite a few times yesterday.



I also made a pretty tasty dinner. Spicy chicken sausage, bell peppers, and onions. All organic I might add, even the bread. No recipe to post, pretty self explanatory. That is Josh's plate because I gave up bread and butter for lent. Not bread and not butter, but bread and butter together for reasons mentioned earlier, ie flabby stomach etc.

To make a good day even better, Josh was home before 6pm, which is rare. We got the house all cleaned up and both babies in bed by 8pm. Then to top it off, I saw Tilley's picture on Pioneer Woman's website, see previous post. Yesterday was a day that makes you feel like you can make the rest of the winter.

I have been praying asking God to make me content with where I am and not be consumed with all of life's "what ifs." Yesterday God blessed with a day where I was present in my own life. Sounds silly, but days like this are hard to come by. Hopefully there will be more, along with warm sunshine. This is quote is from the book Captivating by John and Stasi Eldredge.
"Now we should live when the pulse of life is strong. Life is a tenuous thing...fragile and fleeting. Don't wait for tomorrow. Be here now! Be here now! Be here now!"
I had this quote hanging on my refrigerator for a long time. It isn't there anymore, I think it should make a come back.

2 comments:

rachel @ perfectly imperfect February 25, 2010 at 6:43 PM  

what a great day! i always have a better day when i exercise early, too- must be endorphins or something.
caroline tried to give up her nap between age 2 & 3 as well, and my friends advised me to keep trying. we still have mandatory rest time (usually 2 hours) where she is in her room by herself. she usually reads & plays, but about 1 in 10 days she will actually sleep. i think she needs that time by herself, and you KNOW how much mommy needs that time! : ) just a thought... it may not work for everyone, but it's my sanity keeper!
love your blog- your photos are really beautiful. maybe someday i'll make an effort with mine... maybe!

Greta February 27, 2010 at 3:52 PM  

really wish I had made a mandatory quiet time, feel like it's too late now, keep on bloggin sister, you are good at it!

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP