Saturday, February 27, 2010

Girls Day

Sonya and I had an impromptu girls morning today, and I spoiled her. Sonya has been asking for a bow for hair for quite a while. I know, she is almost three years old and never had a hair bow but she has never been super girly until recently. So we headed to what seems to be the bow headquarters of mid county Laurie's Shoes. I let Sonya pick out five bows. Two shades of blue, hot pink, green, and black (my choice). To any of my Southern friends reading, after I bought the bows I saw bigger ones. By the time I got home, I decided I wanted the bigger bows. Needless to say, I will be exchanging them because I figure if she is going to wear a bow, lets really wear a bow.

From there we headed to Target. I had to pick up a few things and I let Sonya pick out one new book. Of course she picked a Disney Princess box set. She loves these girls even though she hasn't seen all of their movies.

From there we to headed to PetsMart to get dog food. We looked at the fish, hamsters, and parakeets. Then we ran next door to Old Navy and got Sonya the most wonderful tutu skirt. I have been eyeing it online for a while, and when we got to the store they didn't have her size. Luckily I ran into one the mom's from Sonya's school and she happened to find the skirt in Sonya's size mixed in with some big girl clothes. It was meant to be :). She wore it all afternoon and could not stop twirling.

She also picked out two shirts with my help.
It is so fun to watch Sonya become a true little girl. She constantly asking in various ways,
"Do you see me?"
"Am I beautiful?"
It is interesting to see her world as she sees it. She was watching Taylor Swift's Love Story video (of course) and Taylor and her Romeo were running toward one another in a field to embrace. As Sonya was watching she was so excited when they finally reached one another and said,"She got her daddy!" She doesn't know romantic love, she knows what every girl longs for, the love of her daddy.
My prayer for her is to always know she is seen, beautiful, and loved.

Thank you Sonya Catherine for a lovely morning.

6 comments:

Cary February 28, 2010 at 12:22 PM  

So fun! My first memories when I was little were a day of shopping with my dad and a day with my mom. Both times, I had them both to myself...I was just a bit older than Sonya.

rachel @ perfectly imperfect February 28, 2010 at 2:37 PM  

BIG BOWS ROCK! : )

SImone February 28, 2010 at 4:35 PM  

I love your blog :-) Keep 'em coming!

carly730 February 28, 2010 at 9:11 PM  

I love this...so sweet and Sonya is getting to be such a big girl!

kim weiss March 2, 2010 at 7:17 PM  

Awww, those are the most special times... those impromptu little outings/days with just one kiddo. Giggling because Kalie talked a little about Sonya's Taylor Swift obsession, and how she felt like TS on that old car and how Sonya would love it! :)

Kara Taylor August 18, 2010 at 10:20 PM  

UUGH! I just LOVE this... every single word.

Followers

Our Blogger Templates Web Design

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP